My life is like my soup: an attempt to mesh seemingly disparate flavours into something palatable. I hope you enjoy this kooking show :-P

Friday, May 25, 2007

Block Party on Elm St.

As I have mentioned earlier in my blog, I have been working with some people in my area of town to organize a block party. Well to give you the update, we are definitely having this block party. It will be on June 10th 4-9pm, rain or shine. Here's the poster we have created for it, hosted by Tracey's blog entry about the party:


We are welcoming participants to come out and to get involved. If you have a skill or talent you'd like to share with us, please let me know. Particularly, we need:

  • people to bring food for the BBQs and dishes to serve (please list all ingredients if you are going to make a dish)
  • participants for the circus play zone: jugglers, poi weavers, hula hoopers, staff spinners, dancers, clowns and jesters of many sorts
  • musicians and DJs for our sound system
  • people to help make the kids crafting zone fun
  • children to share their talents: we will have a talent show for the young ones
  • community builders: those who want to exchange information on how we can grow our local community
We are focusing our promotional efforts on the people who live in the area, but you're welcome to come even if you don't live close to Elm St. Hope to see you there !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just surfing the Internet "blogs" when your site came up. I invite you to post your event on the http://thebikersconnection.blogspot.com.
You really can't see the contact information or the exact location on the ad so you should include it in your post.
Have a great day

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.