My life is like my soup: an attempt to mesh seemingly disparate flavours into something palatable. I hope you enjoy this kooking show :-P

Friday, June 8, 2007

Good Food Box

On Tuesday I signed up for our household's first Good Food Box. I hear it is a good deal, and that the produce comes from local farmers. You can sign up for a Good Food Box in Ottawa at the Centretown Community Health Centre on Cooper just West of Bank. I believe there is only 1 day per month that you can actually sign up for it, and I just happened to pop in on just the right date. I'm still feeling a disapointed that I wasn't able to get our household a CSA share. The major impeding factor was the accessibility of pickups. Oh well, this Good Food box is a good start on supporting local food initiatives, and as well, we live pretty close to the Parkdale market. Yay, it's growing season !

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.