My life is like my soup: an attempt to mesh seemingly disparate flavours into something palatable. I hope you enjoy this kooking show :-P

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Qi Gong, a great way to start the day

This morning, I managed to wake up early and go to a Qi Gong workshop hosted by LAMAS Qi Gong Canada that started at 8:30am. I had been looking forward to another free session with Philip Lai after experiencing his teachings at the Ottawa Writers Festival on Earth Day. His instruction is very charismatic, and he's more interested in spreading the teachings than making money, which I really appreciate.

I like Qi Gong because the moves are very simple and this allows me to more easily focus on the breath. I experience the flow of chi much more with this than in Tai Chi, which I have done just a bit of from a book and by a friend's instruction. Memorizing the moves in Tai Chi is quite challenging for me, and my mind gets caught up in this struggle.

LAMAS Qi Gong is hosting a 2 day intensive workshop that I would like to attend, but right now I'm not working enough to have money for much more than my basic expenses. I told Master Lai this, and he told me to call a week before the workshop starts for the possibility of a reduced rate. I thought this was pretty generous considering that the workshop, a total of 15 hours, was only $200 to begin with.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.