My life is like my soup: an attempt to mesh seemingly disparate flavours into something palatable. I hope you enjoy this kooking show :-P

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Returning the focus

Recently (this Monday) I decided to take a break from all intoxicants aside from green caffene (Yerba Mate being my prefered) for a month because it I felt like they were interfering with me achieving my goals and realizing my intentions. Particularly, there are a bunch of things I've kind of dropped the ball on, including (in no particular order):

  • spiritual practice (i.e. meditation, yoga)
  • organizing a community skills exchange network in the area where I live
  • creating community around Creative Commons, Free Software, and Free Culture, through invovement with ArtEngine and the creation of a CC Salon
  • my graphics scripting project and related artistic creations
  • getting my performance act together
  • finding opportunities to earn more money
That's not to say that I haven't put any work towards any of them, but I guess I've just lost a sense of administration. I've been driven by a passion to a certain degree, but the discipline has been lacking.

There's so many things in life that I can put energy into to make me feel good that, really, I should have no problem leading a more "pure" life. I've already notice since the beginning of the week that I have been getting more out of these things. For example, the last two yoga classes I have taken have given me an incredible buzz; I've even been getting these fantastic visuals when I close my eyes. Also, my circus arts practice have been much more focused as well.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.